People centred support
The needs of the people who use our services always come first so we take care to properly understand what people need from our service, and how we can continually adapt to help, support, advise and offer guidance in a way that fits their lives and priorities.
We are a member of Citizens Advice Scotland, the national association of Citizens Advice Bureaux, all of whose members have the same vision and mission.
Our Vision is of a fairer North Ayrshire where people as citizens and consumers are empowered and their rights respected.
The needs of the people who use our services come first and we like to sort out problems together – for good. Our mission is therefore twofold;
- We ensure that individuals do not suffer through the lack of knowledge of their rights and responsibilities or of the services available to them, or through an inability to express their needs effectively
- We exercise a responsible influence on the development of social policies and services, both locally and nationally.
- Accessibility: we deliver a free service responsive to the needs of North Ayrshire
- Independence: we always act in your interest and won’t be influenced by any outside bodies
- Governance: we design our service to add value to North Ayrshire. We ensure value for public money and have robust lines of accountability to the Board of Directors and the key stakeholders we work with
- Quality: We invest in quality by ensuring that we are effective and continuously monitoring, reviewing, and improving our governance, management, service delivery, processes and practices. We help people develop and perform as highly as possible
- Service: we are always client focused. This ensures that our decision making, deployment of resources, communication, and service delivery are all focussed on achieving the best outcomes for the clients of NACAS
- Trust and Transparency: we will live up to the trust placed in us by our clients through achieving positive outcomes with them, working with integrity and respect
While your here...
…could you help us out? The citizens of North Ayrshire continue to face challenging conditions; unemployment, financial struggles coupled with the rising everyday cost of living is causing an increase in our service demand with clients presenting complex and interrelated issues.
We are a not for profit charity and are purely focused on the benefits for our clients. We believe everyone should have access to well informed, free advice, whenever they need it but with funding streams across the sector reducing, coupled with increased competition, it is proving difficult for us to ensure we can deliver our vital service. So you can start to see why we need to ask for your help.
Our service provision takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. While we are volunteer led, there are still costs associated with ensuring we provide an accessible service but we do it because we want to provide an outlet that makes a real difference.
If everyone who supports our service and who likes it, helps fund it – our future would be more secure. For as little as £1, you can make a real difference. Giving a little can make a big impact.