Please tell us if you are not happy with our service

Your right to complain

If you are not satisfied with any aspect of our service, please let us know. We welcome complaints because they help us to improve the quality of the service.

We treat all complaints seriously and we deal with them promptly

We keep complaints confidential. Our advice records and our complaints records are completely separate.

If you’ve got a complaint, you have a choice of ways to get it sorted out:

  • You can discuss your complaint with the manager so that we can try to resolve it straight away.
  • If the manager is not available, a suitable appointment date can be offered.
  • You can telephone later: 01294 467848
  • You are welcome to ask someone else to make your complaint for you by telephone, letter, or coming into our main bureau in Saltcoats – but make sure they have your written consent first.
  • You can request a complaints leaflet or fill out the complaint form below. Or give the information in a letter if you prefer: it will be treated in the same way.

We will write to acknowledge your complaint within five working days, telling you what action is being taken, who is dealing with your complaint and when you can expect to receive a full reply. Every effort will be made to complete the investigation within the next twenty-five working days. If it takes longer, we will keep you informed of progress.

A copy of the CAS complaints policy and procedure is available at or can be requested from Citizens Advice Scotland, 2 Powderhall Road, Edinburgh EH7 4GB.

Complaints Form

  • Please give as much detail as you can, including the time and date when the problem arose.
We're online. Chat now!