Worried about debt?
If you’re worrying about money, it can be hard to know where to turn and the last thing you might want to do is talk to a complete stranger about it. But here at NACAS, we always listen to you carefully so we can provide clear and concise advice that will give you the confidence to deal with your debt. Talking to one of our advisers might just be the best thing you do.
Struggling with debt isn’t something to be ashamed of.
Our advisers can provide free, confidential advice and independent advice. We are an independent advice charity so we won’t push products and services on you for commission and instead talk you through your options and give you the advice you need to make the right decisions so that you can take control of your finances once again.
Our advisers will:
- Always be happy to listen, no matter how big or small your problem
- Provide free, independent and confidential advice on a range of money and debt issues
- Offer advice if you are struggling to repay your rent, mortgage, council tax, energy bills and/or other debts
- Negotiate with lenders on your behalf to arrange repayment
- Offer benefit checks and help with maximising your income
- Equip you with the skills to manage your money and budget going forward
- 1. Gather as much information about your regular income as possible
- 2. Make a list of all your priority outgoings
- 3. Work out your essential expenditure
- 4. Gather together latest statements from your creditors
Collecting all this information is your first step to taking control of your finances. Don’t worry if you can’t find all the information you need. The more information you have, the easier it will be for our advisers to assist you. Once you have everything you need, get in touch with us to speak to an adviser.