Find simple ways to solve your everyday consumer problems
Don’t despair if you’re confused by your legal rights if something has gone wrong with a purchase - we can help you create a bespoke claim for a refund, repair or replacement.
You can call the Consumer Helpline you can call if you’re need help with a:
Call: 0345 404 0506
Textphone: 03454 04 05 06
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Pease note the service does not operate on Bank holidays
Calls to the helpline cost up to 9p per minute from a landline. If you’re calling from a mobile, it’ll cost between 3p and 40p per minute – if you have inclusive minutes, it’s the same as calling a landline. Find out more about call charges on GOV.UK.
How we can help
When you call the helpline, you will be put through to an adviser who will ask you some details about your issue before offering information and advice.
The consumer helpline can:
- give you advice on how to resolve your problem
- tell you more about the law which applies to your situation
- pass information about complaints to Trading Standards
But the helpline can’t:
- make a complaint for you
- take legal action on your behalf
Use an online form
You can also contact the consumer service online.
Before you contact the helpline
As with all our services, it is important you have all the correct information to hand before getting in touch.
To help the adviser give you the most relevant advice, you should have to hand as much of the following information as you can:
- details of your problem (eg details of payment, when the purchanse was made etc. )
- the seller/trader’s name and address
- the steps you have taken so far to try to solve the issue
- your reference number (if you’ve already contacted the helpline about the same problem)