Working out what benefits or tax credits you are entitled to can be tricky, especially with recent welfare changes. We want to ensure that you get all the help you are entitled to and so all our advisers are trained to help with a range of benefit advice topics.

Benefit Check

If you’re on a low income, you might be entitled to extra benefits and entitlements. We can help you learn about the benefits you can get and how they are paid.

Request a benefits check

Benefit Changes in the UK

There have been various changes to the UK benefits system with some being replaced and others claimed differently.

The following, are being abolished and replaced by Universal Credit

  • Income Support (IS)
  • Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
  • Income-related employment support allowance (ESA)
  • Housing Benefit (HB – except for people in some kinds of supported accommodation and people over pension credit age)
  • Child Tax Credit (CTC)
  • Working Tax Credit (WTC)
How will this affect me?

What to do if your benefits are cut?

Recent changes to the benefits system might mean that you have less income. This can lead to pressure on your household budget. We can help with advice on how to manage your money.

Get advice

Challenging a benefit decision

If you don’t agree with a decision on your benefit payment paid by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), you may want to see if you can get it changed. Ask us for help if you think the amount you’re getting is wrong or you application has been refused.

Get help
We're online. Chat now!